With over 7,000 martech solutions available in today's market, it's no wonder choosing the right online tools to run a business can be challenging.
To streamline this process, many businesses are opting for an 'all-in-one' platform like HubSpot. The beauty here is that HubSpot can do almost everything (it's your CRM, marketing, sales, customer service, and website) and what they can't, is solved by visiting their app ecosystem and choosing a 3rd party tool that integrates.
So, assuming you've gone this route and chosen one or more of the HubSpot tools, now what?
In this blog, we discuss how to choose a HubSpot agency partner to help you use your investment in the platform to its full potential.
What is a HubSpot Agency Partner?
Let's start at the beginning.
A HubSpot Agency partner is an agency that has decided to collaborate with HubSpot in one or more of the ways below:
- Sales Partner
- Marketing Partner
- App Partner
- Startup Partner
Watch the video now:
HubSpot Sales Partner
This program is for CRM implementation companies, sales consultants, coaches, business advisers, or trainers who want to transform the way their clients sell.
The requirements to be able to participate in this program are:
- Online Application
- Signed Partner Agreement
- HubSpot Sales Software Certification
- Purchase HubSpot Sales
HubSpot Marketing PartnerThis program is for marketing consultants and trainers that want to grow their businesses by providing exceptional inbound marketing and various other related services to their clients.
Below are the requirements to be able to participate in this program:
- Online Application
- Signed Partner Agreement
- HubSpot Marketing Software Certification
- Purchase HubSpot Marketing
HubSpot App Partner
This program is for companies that have an app they want to integrate with HubSpot in their App Ecosystem—where 64,000+ customers go to get help with running their business.
It consists of certified non-HubSpot tools and currently features over 200 powerful integrations, with new partners joining each month.
Learn more by watching this video:
HubSpot Startup Partner
This program's mission is to collaborate with a global network of accelerators, incubators, and VC firms to help startups scale smart. The program includes startup-friendly prices for HubSpot's Growth Suite software, as well as educational resources like training, masterclasses, and workshops.
The 3 programs available are below:
What's the Best Way To Choose A HubSpot Agency Partner?
So now that you know how an agency becomes a partner, how do you choose one?
- Visit the HubSpot Agency directory
- Choose various criteria to filter by
- Create a list of agencies to contact
The HubSpot Directory
This is a gold mine.
In this directory you can search from thousands of certified agencies in their global network that been approved by HubSpot and taken certifications to show their proficiency in the platform.
Filters in the Directory
Here you can filter by numerous categories to find the perfect fit. These categories include:
- HubSpot Agency Partner Tiers
Now It's Time to Call
After you found a few agencies that meet all your desired criteria from the filters above, now it's time to makes some calls and get to know who you might be working with.
First, this is a great opportunity to tell the agency about your business, how you got started, what your goals are, and finally what your biggest challenges are and what you want their help with.
Don't forget, this is also your opportunity to learn about them. Additional information you might want to find out is:
- Services - After you've confirmed they are listed for the services you require, ask them to talk about those specific services and how they have helped current or previous clients with them.
- Organizational Structure - How is their agency organized and managed on a day-to-day basis?
- Methods of Communications - How do they prefer to communicate? In-person meetings, phone calls, or online chat rooms like Zoom?
- Working Models - What's the structure of how they work? Are they 9am-5pm or do they have flexible workings hours?
- Pricing Models - What are their various pricing options? This could include monthly retainers, minimum hour packages and how much they charge per hour.
- Resources and Capacity - What's the size of their team and do they have the resources and capacity for your project and desired timeline?
- Reviews - Most HubSpot Agency partners have reviews from current and previous clients on their profile in the directory. Make sure you read these to get a feel of how they work with others and if their clients seem happy with them.
- Location - Do you want your agency to be in the same city as you so you can meet face-to-face? Or are you okay with remote calls, chats, and emails for the majority of time? Timezones are something else to consider, and whether or not you want to work with an international team.
- Culture and Personality Fit - This is probably one of the most overlooked, yet important factors to consider. Credentials are essential, but if you don't like the people you are working with, projects don't go smoothly. You should think of your HubSpot Agency as your actual 'partner' and they should feel like an extension of the team. It's vital they have a voice and that you allow them to demonstrate their hard-earned expertise. Otherwise, why did you hire them?
Hot Tip: You might request more than one phone call to meet additional key team members that you'll be working with. This is not uncommon before embarking on a contract, project, or retainer together.
By getting to know your future HubSpot Agency partner's owner and team members, their company culture and personalities—in addition to their expertise and experience—will ensure success for both parties.
That wraps up our post on how to choose a HubSpot Agency partner.
If you found this article helpful, you may also enjoy:
If you are a HubSpot user and want to master the platform, feel free to contact us with any questions and book a Free Chat with one of our HubSpot experts.
Topics: HubSpot Agency